Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Butternut Squash Breakfast Casserole ~ Stocking Up ~ No Shows and more delays


First time making a breakfast with butternut squash, but it was rather easy, and simple ingredients.  I pre-cut the squash the day before though.  I used the homemade turkey sausage I pre-cooked and froze as well.   I do need to freeze more spinach.  I better put that on my grocery list right now. 

I would like to do a breakfast with ham, but it's hard to find.  The last "organic" ham we bought tasted terrible.

I blanched and froze the other butternut squash I bought.

The guy who was to come quote us for gutter cleaning 9 days a go, has not messaged, or even come out.  The guy to come give a free quote for the removal of the popcorn ceiling has also been a no-show, and not even a text message.  I guess we are going to do that ourselves now.  You just can't count on anyone anymore.

Our handy-man's supply run was another long part of the day again.  The hardware stores, in either direction, are between 25 to 30 minute drives.  

 

2 comments:

Leigh said...

The squash casserole looks really good. I don't have butternut, but I do have winter squash needing recipes. I'll have to try this one!

Dan's given up on hiring anybody to do anything anymore. For those same reasons. Not sure what's gotten into people these days.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Leigh, I just can't believe either, as everyone needs a paycheck. One of the people is family, so we are scratching our heads. The recipe was good. Sounded strange to have squash in breakfast, but I've done many dishes with zucchini too.