Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, July 30, 2021

Organizing and more purging

Sprinkles arrived early yesterday morning, followed by thunder and lightning.  I decided to pull out all of my totes of items I sell at craft shows, take an inventory, write down what needs re-stocked, and price everything that wasn't.  I need to package the remaining items, and print labels for them, but now I need to replace my printer first.  

In the process I was looking for salt and pepper shakers a Tupperware dealer gifted me (mini one's) at show we did.  I did not find them.  They were for the camper and as of yet I have not found them.  Hm.

Either way, I filled yet another large box for donation.  I now need a storage container for all the camper bedding I am keeping to use for rag rugs.

In the process of looking for the salt and pepper shakers, I have found more areas to purge and re-organize.  


I also found this unfinished set of pot holders.  I didn't find the crocheted rug I was looking for.  Something in my foggy brain thinks I finished it and gave it to Daughter E for her hope chest last year.  I found an unfinished lapghan too.


4 comments:

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I am wanting to do a rag rug . Any advice for a newbie?

Jackie said...

You are doing well on the purging. I never thought of using old bedding for rag rugs. I have been using them for backing on quilts.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lisa, I first cut my sheets with scissors, and someone told me to just rip it. I did that the last rug I made, but there were so many strings to cut off where I ripped it. I will most likely cut them next time, and I attach the strips without sewing them. Here is a link to how to do that on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqwJXR92lig

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, most times the sheets are found for a few bucks at Goodwill to make the rugs, but the sheets I had in the camper are super cute and colorful.