Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Rainy Cleaning Indoor Day

I dug in my heals and got to cleaning Friday morning, but boy oh' boy did I keep getting side tracked.

I left dishes to soak, went to toss bedding in the washer, started to pick up the bedroom (camping clothes etc) and forgot about the dishes. 

Put biker boots in the closet and saw the bag of netting I needed to cut.  You get the picture, ha ha!

I got back to dishes and something caught my eye (or thoughts) I need to get my salve made.

Well, that didn't happen.

We woke up to rain again, and the road is starting to flood.  We had lots of rain yesterday and no time for it to dry up.

I've managed to write out some shopping lists for the first dry day we have.  I need twine to tie up tomatoes (again), and some items to do a complete cleaning on the pop up camper (more on that later).

Today is the day Daughter E's boyfriend and best friend were killed in a car accident one year ago.  The family is hosting a backyard get together, so both families can be with one another.  I sure hope the rain stops by then, but it's iffy.

I'll leave you with a photo of Daughter E's cat Tiger.  She plans to take him when she moves.  I on other hand have begged her not too.  He's old and would be better off in the home he knows.  We'll see what she decides.


4 comments:

Mother Em said...

Rain, rain go away ...we've been getting Florida afternoon showers all month; only one day over 90 this whole month.

Can't remember all the pets, but didn't an older dog go with a daughter that moved out or ...? This kitty looks so young in the eyes, maybe he will love the move or come back home to you.

Have a great weekend and love the pop-up camper. Had a lady co-worker a thousand years ago want to see her's or $150 but we couldn't afford at the time. Hope you looking for a "true" hard-shelled camper works out for you. We've love one, but I'm doing good to drive a Town & Country van; would hate to think I'm "dragging" a "mini-house" behind! Mercy...

Hope it clears up for your get-together this evening. Love and hugs for your daughter on this anniversary.

Rain said...

I remember the sadness of last year when you posted Kristina. I hope everyone is okay this year. Her cat is beautiful!

mamasmercantile said...

Hope the rain stops so that the two families were able to get together.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Mother Em, Rain and Mamasmercantile.