Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Blogger ~ Blooms ~ Garden ~ Road Construction

I don't know if it's my internet or blogger, but I'm unable to read anyone's blog.  Hopefully blogger will fix it soon.




More blooms from our glady's.  Oh, by the way, we were sitting on the front porch late evening and two hummingbirds were enjoying my tall purple phlox for the longest time ever.  It was fun to watch them.

Rain is in the forecast today, but as of waking up we have zero.  I sure hope it does rain.  My garden actually needs it.  the mosquitoes are horrible this year, but we do need the rain.


Road construction has started out in front of our homestead.  They literally just did this in 2012, and it really doesn't need done (there are worse routes that need re-surfaced).  I'm not looking forward to it, and the dogs will bark and bark.  Sigh.

We had plans to go to another "big city" and then those plans changed and then we ended up not doing either.  The heat was horrible, and after Hubby worked in it all day, he just wanted to get home and into the AC.  Thank goodness for egg salad.

4 comments:

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Good luck with construction and internet. Our roads are in badly need of fixing. And yes the misquito and heat are terriable this year. Thank God for AC.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lisa, they managed to get all re-surfacing done and center lines repainted by evening, but in the day long process they had one lane closed and when I pull out of my drive I had to wait and see with lane was being used before turning out to avoid head on collision. A bit frustrating. Yes, it's back to hot and humid again.

Jackie said...

My glads are just starting to bloom as well. This was my Mom's favourite flower so I plant them in her memory.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, that is awesome. We didn't get blooms in last year's drought, so we are very much enjoying them this year.