Skip to main content

Organizing and more purging

Sprinkles arrived early yesterday morning, followed by thunder and lightning.  I decided to pull out all of my totes of items I sell at craft shows, take an inventory, write down what needs re-stocked, and price everything that wasn't.  I need to package the remaining items, and print labels for them, but now I need to replace my printer first.  

In the process I was looking for salt and pepper shakers a Tupperware dealer gifted me (mini one's) at show we did.  I did not find them.  They were for the camper and as of yet I have not found them.  Hm.

Either way, I filled yet another large box for donation.  I now need a storage container for all the camper bedding I am keeping to use for rag rugs.

In the process of looking for the salt and pepper shakers, I have found more areas to purge and re-organize.  


I also found this unfinished set of pot holders.  I didn't find the crocheted rug I was looking for.  Something in my foggy brain thinks I finished it and gave it to Daughter E for her hope chest last year.  I found an unfinished lapghan too.


Comments

I am wanting to do a rag rug . Any advice for a newbie?
Jackie said…
You are doing well on the purging. I never thought of using old bedding for rag rugs. I have been using them for backing on quilts.

God bless.
Lisa, I first cut my sheets with scissors, and someone told me to just rip it. I did that the last rug I made, but there were so many strings to cut off where I ripped it. I will most likely cut them next time, and I attach the strips without sewing them. Here is a link to how to do that on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqwJXR92lig
Jackie, most times the sheets are found for a few bucks at Goodwill to make the rugs, but the sheets I had in the camper are super cute and colorful.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart