Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

This and That

 

I finally found a solar light for Dad's grave.  They only had 2 left, and later wished I had bought the last one for my Uncle's too.  I may go back and see if they restocked.  My grandparents are in the same cemetery too.

I went out to feed the barn cat this morning and saw the moon.  I decided to grab my camera and take a few photos.
The weather is to be so nice today and of course we can't take a motorcycle ride tonight.  He went to work last night to work midnight shift and this morning's first shift.  He'll be tired for sure.

Me on the other hand, would love to clean out flower beds, but the weather will dip to the low 20's Wed. and Thurs. in the evening.  We are in what I call "flip-flop" weather, where it flips one way or the other.  I'll be out cleaning off the porches today.  That sun will feel so good today.

We haven't been lacking in eggs all winter.  I used all of these the other day for breakfast.

I haven't forgotten about my mystery box giveaway.  I'm still filling it up.

I finally found another grow tray, so I have planted thyme and romaine for the garden.

I put a set up for sale on my Rooster's Crow Farm blogspot.  I will try and post something more often.  I'm currently restocking the jar openers.








8 comments:

Mother Em said...

Could I ask where you bought the cross. It's lovely.

Hens are "looking good" in their colorful production.

Lady Locust said...

Your eggs look wonderful! And that moon pix is extraordinary. It was so bright, it lit up our house at night.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mother Em, I found the solar cross at a Meijer store in the garden section.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Lady Locust.

Mother Em said...

Thanks, Kristina, but Meijer's isn't here in Georgia. Will have our daughter in Ohio check it out for me. Have a chilllly night, as we're dipping to 30s here as well.

mamasmercantile said...

I loved the solar light, I have never come across anything like it here. I love the wonderful array of colour in those eggs.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mother Em, you are welcome. Hopefully your daughter is able to find one for you.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, the cross is perfect for Dad's grave. He was very religious. They also had angel lights. I put an angel solar light on our grandson's grave.