Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Chickens ~ Mailbox is up ~ Hobby Lobby Stops Offer ~ Porch Sign

Sadly, my oldest Araucana has passed away.  I think she was about 6-8 years old (more so leaning towards 8 maybe). I also had to be careful letting the others out.  There was either a hawk or eagle in the area, looking for a meal.  



We went to one of the bigger cities to pick up chicken feed, and I found this!  USA product.  Did you know most meal worms are a product of China?  My chickens love the chicken crack.

I made a quick stop at Hobby Lobby, but did you know they did away with their 40% coupon?  I asked about it and was told they have to stop offering it until business picks up again.  However, she said when items are on sale now, they are 50% vs. the regular 40%.  Anyway, I'll go back when the item I need to restock is on "sale" in order to get a better price.  The whole idea to get more business by taking away a coupon (good on one item) makes no sense to me.

The weather was finally good enough to install our new mailbox.  The wind had died down and the sun was out.  Still on the chilly side, but sunny.

We also put up my new porch sign I found last year.

We ended up playing cards on the porch until dinner time.  Porch time was so worth it, as the weather was pretty nice.



8 comments:

Chasity said...

Thanks for mentioning the Hobby Lobby coupon thing, I haven't gone in awhile and never would have known until I got up to the register.

mamasmercantile said...

Sorry about the loss of your chicken, its hard as you become so attached to them. Love the porch sign, such fun and so nice to be able to sit out for awhile.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Chasity, you are welcome. I did not know until I was about to have netting cut.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile

Faith said...

I really like Hobby Lobby, albeit I have I have to drive farther to get there. Micheals and JoAnn's just a mile or so. I love their crochet thread, and they have nice sales, and a nice selection of other things. Just opened one in Avon, Ohio. A bit of a drive for me. Enjoy your springlike weather.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, I have to drive 25-30 minutes either way to get to the craft stores. I have Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's one direction and Micheals and Hobby Lobby the other direction.

Debi said...

Hobby Lobby's policy makes no sense to me either. Our store is new and I only go there when I absolutely have to. I don't find the staff to be particularly helpful or friendly. But, they are the only place to buy fabric and yarn. The next closest is a JoAnn's that is an hour's drive away.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debi, our stores are a good drive too, and yes the staff is not friendly. Once in a while I'll get a nice person, but once I had to actually call the store while in the store to get someone to cut netting for me. So frustrating, but I think employees are getting so tired of being forced to wear a mask in our state. Our restrictions are not lifted and in we are really getting tired of it overall.