Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Fog ~ Rosemary's Famous Face Cream ~ Signs of Spring

 



Yesterday started out with a lot of fog.  The weather warmed up to the 60's and felt so great.  Today it's dropping down again with wind and rain.  We are now in the mixed up time of year where we can get snow, rain, fog, nice days, ugly days....just typical for us.

I had high hopes to hang laundry on the line, but the wind was pretty nasty out.

I needed more wood on the porch, but someone left the garden cart out by the coop (full of dirty straw that needed dumped).  Wasn't me.


I finally got my homemade face lotion made.  I use the recipe in Rosemary Gladstar's Medicinal Herbs book (A beginner's guide).  I will need to make more oil this summer for the next batch.  I store the extra lotion in the refrigerator until I need it.




Signs of spring are showing up in the flower beds now.  Some areas are a bit over crowded, so I may be digging and splitting them up after they are done blooming.  

Update on the general store and consignment  - no response via email.  Although I had to clear up about 1,000 emails, there was zero back from the store.  If I don't get one today, I'll just call and check back in.



6 comments:

Faith said...

Have to look up about that cream. I've heard of Rosemary Gladstar pretty cool.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, I love the lotion and use it on my body too. Love her books. So many good and useful recipes.

mamasmercantile said...

I must look up the recipe and give it a try.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Rosemary Gladstar knows her stuff. I use the lotion on my face and body. All the rough patches melt away fully moisturized.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, she has great recipes

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, I used to make a calendula cream for body cream, but now use this cream. Love it.