Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, March 25, 2021

This and That

I sent an email to Ball canning supplies.  It was pretty much a generic answer.  It listed all the stores they sell them in, which I already checked, and no answer as to when they will have more. They did say they were having a "shortage" so there is that.

I've checked 9 Target store within 50 miles - out of stock.  Same with Kroger, Walmart, and Meijer, Ace Hardware, Menard's, Lehman's Hardware, and other stores.  I'll keep trying.  I see they are selling some regular lids on Amazon, but a box of 12 for almost $14.00.  The mentioned sending supplies to Michael's crafts, but they only sell jars with lids not just lids.

Talked with a friend and she tried to find some in TN while on vacation and an Amish store.  Nada.  Zero.  I also checked while in FL.  Nada.

Extreme clean - magazines are gone.


I sort of went down "memory" lane after coming across a notebook of mine.  My Dad used to ask me if it was "tea time in Tanganyika?" when I was in a frustrated or upset mood.  I took that as my notebook title to jot notes back in the day of freelancing.  Ahhh, what good memory.


My husband is working longer hours, so that means more crochet time before he gets home.  Not sure why, but I started a new project (shaking my head).  I still have a list of on-going projects and things that need restocked.


Dinner the other night.  I started it in the crockpot and boiled the peas and noodles and added last.  Sort of, but not completely, like a chicken alfredo.  The peas are from last year's garden.



5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Such a shame about the canning shortage and so frustrating that they are able to say that there is a shortage but not when they will have more stock. The chicken dish looks delicious and so tasty. A bonus having homegrown peas.

Mother Em said...

Ace Hardware near here, shows they have lids. You want me to try and get some. Wish you were closer, I've got, what I think, gallon canning jars in the basement, I'd give you.

Lady Locust said...

This morning I looked, there were lids w/ rims at our local WM. 2 cases that looked as though they were just placed there. No jars or plain lids.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, thanks. Every year I say I won't grow shell peas (we never get many during harvast), but I do. They taste so much better.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mother Em, and Lady Locust, I found a Walmart that showed in store pick only and it was near where my husband worked. I was so tickled, I signed into my Walmart account and guess what? My cart said "out of stock" after I signed in. Sigh. I'll keep checking. Even TSC showed some, but again when I signed in, "out of stock"