Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Random Tidbits




We have been getting rain here, and high winds.  We are now in the time of year where it's anything can go weather - high, low, rain, you name it.  I'm glad for the rain, as my garlic is getting watered and spring bulbs.

I did some quick research on growing figs in our state.  It's difficult because of our winters.  I could look for a small variety, which would be easier to cover over winter.  I'm still contemplating re-planting the elderberry trees the deer ruined.  Possibly some other trees.  It all depends on what the nursery carries near me.  

I've planned the Easter menu.  Recipes are all checked and re-checked, and shopping list written out.

No comments: