Skip to main content

Breakfast ~ A Finish


Breakfast for the next few days - just whipped stuff together.  Eggs, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, jalapenos, garlic, bacon, kale, and oregano.

The chickens are still supplying good.  I'm still using last years garlic (but they are getting green tops), frozen green peppers, jalapenos, and other veggies we froze.


I finished the rag rug for the shower.  I'm not happy with the edges this time around.  I think it's not exactly square due to the thinner material I used in the very center, but it'll work.  The one I made for the bathtub was much more square on the edges.

(the one I made for the bathtub)


 

Comments

Those rugs look nice. Seeing your picture of the breakfast casserole got me to thinking to make one to use up eggs & veggies in the fridge. Karen
Thanks Karen, I love making breakfast bakes because it's easy to re-heat and for my husband to take to work too.
Lady Locust said…
I love braided or crocheted rugs! Yes they will work and be sooo nice underfoot :-)
mamasmercantile said…
The breakfast bake looks yummy and a great ay to use surplus eggs. We seem to have an abundance of them at the moment. Love the rugs, I have put some T shirts to one side for a future project. Do you prepare all the fabric first or do it as you go along?
Lady Locust I love to make the rag rugs for the bathroom, as they are thick and soft. Thanks.
mamasmercantile, I used to cut the strips and sew them together and roll in a ball until I needed them. However, you have to unroll the entire ball to attach so now I just rip in strips and toss into a basket until I need a rug. Works much better. I also cut a hole and attach using that method vs. using the sewing machine. Much quicker and then I can add whatever material I have at the time.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart