Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Breakfast ~ A Finish


Breakfast for the next few days - just whipped stuff together.  Eggs, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, jalapenos, garlic, bacon, kale, and oregano.

The chickens are still supplying good.  I'm still using last years garlic (but they are getting green tops), frozen green peppers, jalapenos, and other veggies we froze.


I finished the rag rug for the shower.  I'm not happy with the edges this time around.  I think it's not exactly square due to the thinner material I used in the very center, but it'll work.  The one I made for the bathtub was much more square on the edges.

(the one I made for the bathtub)


 

6 comments:

Wildflower Adventures said...

Those rugs look nice. Seeing your picture of the breakfast casserole got me to thinking to make one to use up eggs & veggies in the fridge. Karen

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Karen, I love making breakfast bakes because it's easy to re-heat and for my husband to take to work too.

Lady Locust said...

I love braided or crocheted rugs! Yes they will work and be sooo nice underfoot :-)

mamasmercantile said...

The breakfast bake looks yummy and a great ay to use surplus eggs. We seem to have an abundance of them at the moment. Love the rugs, I have put some T shirts to one side for a future project. Do you prepare all the fabric first or do it as you go along?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lady Locust I love to make the rag rugs for the bathroom, as they are thick and soft. Thanks.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, I used to cut the strips and sew them together and roll in a ball until I needed them. However, you have to unroll the entire ball to attach so now I just rip in strips and toss into a basket until I need a rug. Works much better. I also cut a hole and attach using that method vs. using the sewing machine. Much quicker and then I can add whatever material I have at the time.