Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Handiwork from on the road and other ramblings




During the recent road trip, I took along yarn and easy projects.  I got one set of pot holders finished, crocheted two washcloths and two facial scrubbies.

While we were gone, the bananas were not eaten, so I tried a new recipe.  It's more of a breakfast, but looked good and healthy too.

I made Almond Butter Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal (from A kitchen Addiction).  We loved this.  No flour and just a bit of either honey or real maple syrup to sweeten it.


2 comments:

Cockeyed Jo said...

I find doing needlework in the car makes me nauseous.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, I can't knit in the car, but easy crochet projects I can. I have trouble reading a book while traveling, so I typically bring yarn and such.