Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, October 22, 2020

New Recipe Updates

 

The new chicken tetrazzini recipe (from Stay at home chef) was a non - keeper.  Bland, dry and not worth the work.  Healthier, but had zero flavor, and dry.  



The Kamut (flake) granola bars were delicious.  A keeper recipe for us.  I still like my other recipes, but it changes up the grain and we will make these again.  Recipe is online at their own site.

It poured down rain yesterday morning.  I think my friend recorded a whopping 3 inches.  Where was all this rain when we needed it over summer?  I am glad it's filling the well and watering my fall planted garlic.  

Our temperature is to rise back up to the 70's today.  However, more rain as well.

I've been successful at cleaning one shelf a day in the fridge.  Tackling it one day at a time has been much easier than doing the entire thing in one day.  

All of my totes of yarn have been moved back to my bedroom closet.  It's not what I wanted for sure, but nothing I can do about it until another kiddo moves out.  Oh, and moving it prompted me to whip up a fall item.  I hope to share it soon.  Not like I need a "new" project or anything.

I don't see that happening for a while with this dang plan-demic going on.  One daughter is trying to find a new job.  I told her, maybe she should hold off.  Her job is essential and if they shutdown again, she'd lose her job.

4 comments:

Rain said...

It's been raining a lot here too, I'm just thankful it's not snow yet!

RB said...

Sorry about the recipe. What a waste of good ingredients and prep time. Hey!
I love this type of weather. It's starting to be great weather to work on afgans and quilts. I hope to restart working on the one I was working on before summer started soon.
I've been in the hospital 2x since 9/28 for falling. I've had numerous x-rays, CAT scans, MRIs and they can't figure out what's wrong, so they sent me home, I guess to fall again. smh
They did recommend 2x of in-home PT a week and 2x of personal care per week. I received a call from the PT agency and will start that next Tuesday. This started all of a sudden. 3 or 4 weeks ago I was out walking around the yard. Now I can't count on my legs to hold me up at all. They take turns collapsing beneath me, leaving me hurt on the floor.
So we'll see what happens, but it's hard to keep one's head up when the doctors seem to wipe their hands of you.
A guy who's been exceeding the speed limit in a brand new Mustang for about the last month missed the turn and ended up in the farm field. He survived. The car was totaled, and we bet he's going to have trouble getting insurance to pay for it because the cops who came ticketed him. Boy, what a screeching noise that was.
So praying everyone is having a great week, and a safe one too.
With love.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, I am thankful for the rain, but it's like now we are getting hoards of it and I can't get out to finish cleaning up the garden. I love the fact it's filling up the well for winter though.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I think fall is our favorite time of the year here too. Sorry to hear about your legs. I will be praying for you. So sorry to hear about the man and the truck as well.