Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Warm Days


I took advantage of a few warm sunny days to infuse medicinal oil for homemade "Neosporin."

I was able to find organic ginger root recently, so some was grated and dehydrated, and some was put in the freezer for winter.

I put in an order for Thrift books, but one that was in my cart is no longer available.  I guess I will try for that one at a late date.

I spent a bit of time on the phone calling places.  I had to call the hardware store and tell them why we haven't been in to pick up the new shower, so they are taking note. It's already paid for, just waiting for us to pick it up.  

I decided to not can Port Wine jelly at all this year.  If you have a tried and true (and easy) recipe that used port wine, please share.  Of course we could drink it too.

The car finally (finally) was towed to our repair guy, however, the car we sold to our 21 year-old is acting up again.  Our biker friend is coming over today to replace the plugs.  Praying that's all it is.  So thankful to know people who can help.

9 comments:

M. Meyers said...

I’ve made something similar to this. I served with ice cream. https://www.laaloosh.com/2008/02/17/yummy-low-calorie-apples-n-port-recipe-for-your-crock-pot/amp/

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you M. Meyers

Sandra said...

Wow homemade neosporin sounds great. Glad you know someone that can help with car repairs, that helps a lot.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sandra thanks. The car has been returned with new plugs and purrs like a kitten thankfully.

Faith said...

Port Wine jelly sounds lovely. I like port wine cheese as well. Glad you got your wheels back.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Why aren't you growing your own ginger and turmeric in pots? I bring them in each winter. I'll also harvest and split them into new pots each spring.

mamasmercantile said...

Just read the above comment so thankful that all is well with the car.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Faith

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, there are a few things we are unable to grow here. For example, I can't even grow blueberry plants due to the limestone. I can't grow cumin either.