Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

It's beginning to look a like like Christmas!

Monday was a rainy, cloudy cold day, so no coop cleaning was done.  The ladies got little time outside due to an Eagle (top of fencing is not covered due to it being a temporary location).

Now don't go throwing tomatoes on this, but this year has been just awful and now that the kids are older, there are no Halloween teen parties (wouldn't do them this year anyway).  Two totes of Halloween decor and costumes are going to our grand kids.  They will have a blast going through all the homemade costumes my Mom made and the homemade wig I made (and tons of old jewelry, belts, wig etc).


Master bath Christmas tree is up.  Although I do miss my traditional 6 ft white one I used to have.  I plan on buying a new one next year.  The 4 foot one came with lights, so putting it up and down is super easy.  The new tree skirt has silver glitter and matches the silver tree.  I love the new Christmas shower curtain too.

My daughter (older one living here) brought me home new hand towels for the master bath too.  I just love them!

I need to tidy up the kitchen for the next decor.  First, I have to get all the sweet potatoes in the bin for winter.  I typically mash and freeze some, but my freezer is full.  Once those are off, a new tablecloth is going on it, and more fun begins.  I needed to do something other than regular 'ol chores to lift my spirits.



Oh, and I have this on the wall in the master bath too.  The lights change colors.

The bathroom is the only thing decorated at this point. I have much to do outside yet, but the rain keeps rolling in.  I have some Halloween handiwork to do yet as well.




 

4 comments:

Wildflower Adventures said...

Where was all the rain when we needed it for our gardens??? I have a friend that puts Christmas trees up in every room of her house. Some trees she left up year round since the rooms were not used except for guests.

Goatldi said...

As my good friend Dallas says “whatever blows up your skirt!”

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wildflower Adventures, we woke up to more rain again.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Goatldi, that made me laugh