Skip to main content

Possibility ~ New recipe and other randomness

I have a possible place to set up and sell my handicrafts before the year ends.  Although I didn't think it would happen, I'm considering it.  However, I have to go in and speak with them directly about a one day special event cost.  I have a feeling that it will be more than I can really spend to do this.  I'm gathering photos to email them prior to visiting their store, so I guess we'll see how it goes.  The store is a filled with handmade vendors, and I'm told the building is large, so if they charge what the flea markets charge it's still a possibility.  It's a new permanent business, open daily with workshops almost every month (like learning to make a blanket with large blanket yarn etc).

I have also realized in taking photos, that I have only 2 dish scrubbies made.  Yikes.  Where does the time go?



I had to switch up dinner last night.  Sweet potato chili.  I needed a one pot complete meal.  Wood splitting was planned.  That plan went out the door when rain arrived about 3:30pm and never stopped.


New breakfast casserole we tried.  I used organic ingredients (yes our store sells non-gmo tater tots, but pricy).  The family loved it. (Buns in my Oven, Tater Tot Casserole recipe found online)  I'm just trying new breakfast dishes for Christmas morning.  The recipe however is not an overnight recipe.  You use frozen tater tots.  You could however cook the meats ahead of time and toss it together in the morning.



Purged some books from the garage.  I would have loved to set them out for free, but with Covid and stuff, they all went to Goodwill.  Luckily, my daughter's hair salon is almost next door to Goodwill.

Strained my sage tincture.  

I finally got more orders done online.  I even bought some books and picked out a free one I earned.  Now to find jumper cables for the girls for Christmas, which will be the gifts they "need" this year.  I may get into town this weekend if someone is home.  Got a call about the car.  He had to put it off, due to someone from FL up here who had an emergency (needed a new engine).  My car doesn't even have the new engine in it yet.  So frustrating.



Comments

Cockeyed Jo said…
Having just gotten our only means of transport back from the garage after two weeks, I feel your pain.
Cockeyed Jo said…
Kristina, if all else fails, call Auto Zone and see of they'll deliver the jumper cables to you
Cockeyed Jo, we can only get one pizza place to deliver to us, we are that far out. We stopped doing that, because it takes them 1 hour to get it here when they make it 7 miles away.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart