Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, October 29, 2020

...from the handiwork journal

 

. . .crocheted 4 dishcloths and they all sold.

. . .crocheted some soup bowl cozies.  I had a special request.



. . .have gotten this far with one daughter's cardigan for Christmas. The SM are marking the spots for the pockets.


. . .got 2 more jar openers made.

(sorry no photo for some odd reason)

. . .got a few more dish scrubbies made

. . .started back on the "f" bombs

. . .got infusible web onto scrap fabric and traced.  Just have to cut them out and put them on the cards.  I used old greeting cards to make my templates.


My Aunt always wrote to me.  One thing she always reminded me, was "always take 5 minutes for yourself."  I did that yesterday.  The day still went too fast, but I got some handiwork done (not all of this was done in one day, ha ha!  I've been wanting to post for a while, but had zero free time).



6 comments:

M. Meyers said...

Cute handiwork and very good for your mental state to have some “you” time. Have you seen the crocheted scrubbies with a cotton crochet ruffle? We went to the Cumberland Homesteads in Crossville, TN and I found them in the gift shop. A local person had made them. I bought several for stocking stuffers and to show my MIL. She makes them with the nylon netting but doesn’t add a ruffle. I can’t attach a picture here so I’ll email it to you.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks M. Meyers. I make mine with nylon netting too. I just forgot to take a photo. I'm looking forward to the email.

Rain said...

Great handiwork Kristina! I love the bowl cozies!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Rain. I am working on more colors for the soup bowl cozy too.

Goatldi said...

Glad to see you returning to the things that feed your heart.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Goatldi, thank you. I totally agree with you. It feeds my heart.