Skip to main content

...from the handiwork journal

 

. . .crocheted 4 dishcloths and they all sold.

. . .crocheted some soup bowl cozies.  I had a special request.



. . .have gotten this far with one daughter's cardigan for Christmas. The SM are marking the spots for the pockets.


. . .got 2 more jar openers made.

(sorry no photo for some odd reason)

. . .got a few more dish scrubbies made

. . .started back on the "f" bombs

. . .got infusible web onto scrap fabric and traced.  Just have to cut them out and put them on the cards.  I used old greeting cards to make my templates.


My Aunt always wrote to me.  One thing she always reminded me, was "always take 5 minutes for yourself."  I did that yesterday.  The day still went too fast, but I got some handiwork done (not all of this was done in one day, ha ha!  I've been wanting to post for a while, but had zero free time).



Comments

M. Meyers said…
Cute handiwork and very good for your mental state to have some “you” time. Have you seen the crocheted scrubbies with a cotton crochet ruffle? We went to the Cumberland Homesteads in Crossville, TN and I found them in the gift shop. A local person had made them. I bought several for stocking stuffers and to show my MIL. She makes them with the nylon netting but doesn’t add a ruffle. I can’t attach a picture here so I’ll email it to you.
Thanks M. Meyers. I make mine with nylon netting too. I just forgot to take a photo. I'm looking forward to the email.
Rain said…
Great handiwork Kristina! I love the bowl cozies!
Thank you Rain. I am working on more colors for the soup bowl cozy too.
Goatldi said…
Glad to see you returning to the things that feed your heart.
Goatldi, thank you. I totally agree with you. It feeds my heart.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart