Skip to main content

Shopping Day!

 

It's been a helluva week.  Dreary, rain, plans going ba-zonkers, now expecting more car repairs (when the car comes back it needs new brakes - guy is just putting in a new engine)......sigh.

However, one daughter was off work, so I was able to get to town for some last minute stock up items.  I also wanted to get to the dollar store for some waxed paper, tissues etc. 


I couldn't resist picking up a few more towels to rotate (in the bathroom) and some small ornaments to decorate the shower curtain and the small tree in the bathroom.  All at the Dollar Tree.





A breakfast I made a few days ago - tossed it together with sweet potatoes, bell pepper, onion, fire powder, eggs and dandelion greens.

Snow is predicted for us this weekend.  We are going to just go with the flow.  What gets done, gets done.  I'm working on a new crocheted Christmas ornament.  More news on that later.

Update on the home good store.  I went in to inquire on rental cost to sell my handiwork, as they requested.  First, the guy took forever to come to the counter, second, he was not nice from the get-go, and third he made a comment "everyone here gets along, so if you are not that type...."  Then he tells me $45 for one table (2 is not allowed).  Yeah, I won't be selling my items there.  Rude, too expensive and my instincts told me from the get-go he was not someone to rent space from.  I'm okay with that. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart