Skip to main content

Wacky Weather

Tiger has the right idea.  I may just join him. Had it not been for Romeo and the chickens, I would have stayed in PJ's all day yesterday.  Woke up to 6° and today it'll be 46°F tomorrow.

The Almond Butter Chocolate Chip cookies didn't last long.  We are fighting over the last of the last.  I had not made them for years.  Not sure what made me think of them, but surely enjoyed them.

Nothing much to post - wacky weather, car still not repaired.

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
It certainly is wacky weather another storm hit this afternoon. Gale force winds with rain turning to snow during the night. I am yearning for a little sun...
mamasmercantile, I hope you get sun soon.
RB said…
Bro Tom's PT Cruiser finally bit the dust too, electrical issue, it seems. So yesterday we went and bought another one. Thank God I've been saving money for it. It's a pretty black 2012 Chrysler 200, and so far (am I jinxing things?), it purrs like a kitten and is a joy to ride in.
Things like the car Tom had which bit the dust, and maybe yours too, remind me of Ecclesiastes 3:1, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" (KJV) It's not giving up or giving in, it's turning one's head with hope to change instead of struggle.
Praying you have a good weekend, and a safe one too. We still have remnants of snow here, just enough to harass the cat when she wants to go out. LOL
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, I was thinking the same thing. Buy a new one. Hubby insists he can fix it though.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart