Skip to main content

Parsley Sprouted

It took forever, but some of the parsley seeds have sprouted.  Makes me feel like Spring is just about here.

This morning however, it's snow covered and frozen slush everywhere.  School is closed.  It's 8°F out.  I'm thinking it's a crochet-PBS/Netlfix sort of day.  I got about 12 rows done on the baby blanket, maybe I can get 12 more on today.

Last night we had grilled cheese sandwiches with cowboy candy and Ezekiel bread, and home canned tomato soup.  I didn't need the cheese, but it was nice on a cold night. 

Our county is under a level 1 road emergency, and some a level 2 (which is the worst it's been this winter).  I'm ready for porch time, bare feet and sunshine. 

Comments

RB said…
I wish I could grow parsley; if the cats don't get it, the butterfly larvae do. LOL
Been raining and blowing off and on lately. I was going to hang my newest birdhouse (looks like a frog prince) but I didn't want it blowing through some window, so it's still sitting on the porch. Maybe tomorrow I'll hang it.
Ever thought about making bows to sell at craft fairs with your usual fare? I was reading and article about how a formerly homeless woman turned making bows into a multi-million dollar business, hiring women across the US to help with production.
We're having ribs today, with smashed taties. Bro Tom brought home half a dozen Bob Evans smashed taties knock-offs that got sent to his store by accident. They were going to throw them out, but he stopped them and asked if he could have them. They said sure, so now I just have to figure out how to use them all. I was thinking maybe Shepherd's Pie tomorrow. That would be good, plus it's gluten free which I can eat and tolerate well.
Praying everyone has a wonderful weekend, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><
mamasmercantile said…
I too am looking forward to barefeet time and getting out into the garden. It feels like it has been a very long Winter.
RB, thanks for the idea. I'm not sure if there is a market here for those or not. Some things sell and others don't.
mamasmercantile, it has been a long winter for sure.
RB said…
You never know til you try Kristina - at least a couple. Have you ever tried opening an Etsy shop?
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart