Skip to main content

Good Day ~ Imponderabilia

Yesterday went much smoother.  Thankful for that.  The sun shined, although pretty cold.  Before Hubby left for work, I loaded the back seat with 3 large bags of library returns.  I texted him late in the day to remind him to drop them off.  Of course, I had a load to pick up as well.  I've decided not to order anything from the library until the car is fixed.

By the way.  Just my luck.  Hubby worked overtime last night, so the library books are still in the truck. 😟

I worked a bit in my office area, and even completely cleaned out a drawer. Much of it went into the trash, but some will be donated.  



I am finally getting the tinctures strained and bottled.  I had to do this one day at a time, due to lack of strainers.  I had to wash and dry completely, so I didn't contaminate the tinctures with any water.



The only other thing I needed to do in the kitchen (other than a big dinner), was make blueberry syrup for the pancakes.  The pancakes will get us by, while the eggs re-supply.

My latest choice of rooster that's in with the ladies is doing well. So far, he's picking up on my cue to treats and being a nice gent.  Hopefully, he'll stay that way.  I just need to give him a name.

The fate of the car - imponderabilia.  We are getting frustrated trying to "ponder" about this situation. There is a possibility we may have to trailer the car home.  Sigh.  They want there garage space back and the car isn't running yet.   And....and...the only way to back it out, is to push it out.  Sideways, into a muddy field.  Their camper is in the driveway.  To be honest, the first thing I asked Hubby (when I saw the car) was, "how in the heck did you get it in here?"

It'll be up to 52°F this weekend.  There is no way they can get a truck, trailer and car through a muddy field (adjacent to the driveway).  The camper will have to be moved if we trailer it.  What a mess. 

This morning however, it's a chilly 8°F.  Just love this up and down stuff.  Not.


Comments

RB said…
My day was better here too. Bro Tom's, however, was not. When he got done working an entire day of work, his truck wouldn't start. Luckily he got a ride nearby from a co-worker. How he's going to get to work in the morning in questionable though. Don't you just hate cars and trucks sometimes?
Prayers for all to get things better. It's sure needed for many of us.
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart