Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Random Tidbits

My 20 year-old made a visit to do laundry, but first took me out to lunch (getting me out of the house) and took me to the store.  That was so sweet of her.

Hubby had overtime and more overtime today.  The car sits and waits.

I'll be getting some crochet time today, so that is good.  

We were invited to go to Daytona and they even have a trailer to trailer our Harley, but we have declined.  It's sort of on the expensive side and we need a back up car here for our daughter.  The bands were similar to our Bike week here anyway.  Besides, they want to drive straight down, and we are just not up to that long of a drive.

Hubby returned my library loot, paid my late fine, and brought home 2 full bags of  books.  I just may have to spend a bit of time to look through them today as well.

I'm collecting new grilling recipes for summer, so many of the books are cookbooks.  Some books are pattern books, some gardening (building) books and so forth.

Our youngest has mentioned now that she does not want a graduation party.  She'd rather just go camping and have friends join us, or go on a vacation.  I'm okay with that.  We'll see if she changes her mind on or not.

Not much else going on at the homestead.  We had plans, but overtime changed that.  


2 comments:

Rain said...

Hi Kristina :) Just dropping by to say hello and seeing what you're up to. I'm dreaming of summer...I just want some fresh lettuce again!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, you and me both. I cannot wait and pray we all have good garden bounty this year.