Skip to main content

Good Grief! The Car Saga Continues

Sunday, while Hubby worked on the car the entire day, I got 3 "F" bombs done for my current order.  Just 3 more to get done.

Monday, I went with Hubby to work on the car again.  His exact words were, "it'll be 1/2 hour tops and we'll bring her home."  It didn't happen.  She's still not running after putting her all back together.  I was starving and we were thankful for leftover turkey and sweet potatoes when we arrived home late.   

Sadly, we didn't have any time to cut wood.  Hubby is going work on the car every night until they figure it out.  We didn't have the boys help yesterday, and Hubby is stumped.  It starts, but won't stay running.  They will hook up a code test and see what comes of that next.

Since we have been super busy with the car, I have a full "to-do" list today.  Over the top long.  The sink is filled with dirty dishes and the housework is so far behind.  Daughter had a full day of musical practice Monday and that continues after school, so the entire to-do list lands on me alone.  

My computer area in my kitchen is a total mess.  Papers need shredded, papers filed, mail opened and sorted, and printed recipes laying around.  Sigh....I'm gonna need a lot of coffee today.

Send good mojo that Hubby and the boys can get my car running, and soon.  They are needing the garage to work on their skid loader next, and we are hogging up their garage space.  

Everything is just a hot mess today.  Every room a mess.  I don't even know where to start today.  Please be patient as I respond to comments when I can.

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
I wish you luck and patience. Breathe deeply and remember everything will work out eventually....at least you're not a cold starving refugee in some camp. It could always be worse!
Thanks Sam I Am, don't get me wrong, not complaining just sharing current situation.
mamasmercantile said…
Sending you a hug in the hope it will help. Tomorrow is another day...
RB said…
I must confess, I don't understand what the F-bombs are for. I understand the cuss word for it, but don't think that's what it is.
My colonoscopy didn't go well, and they wanted me to come back for a second day to make sure everything was empty. I told them NO. I've had enough of it, plus I discovered AFTER that I hadn't been given proper eating (or rather drinking) instructions for diabetics. So that's another thing I'm grumpy about. I went without food of any kind other than the drinking solution, tea and diet Sprite for 2 days, and that's not good for someone with diabetes.
Am praying you get your car fixed. They can be a vexation for sure. Bro Tom finally gave up on his and let the dealer have it back. He'd been having trouble with the transmission sensor since the day after he got it, and finally it just wouldn't shift at all.
Maybe we all need to go back to horse & buggies. sigh
Praying everyone has a great few days ahead, and safe ones too. We're expecting a couple of inches of snow here in south central NC. SURPRISE!!! LOL I wonder what the new rescue dog (Milo) will think about that.
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

New Recipe Tried and other Bits

  I tried a new granola recipe and boy it's good.  First, it's a recipe from Mennonite Girls and Cook, and called "Backpack Snacks" online.  It calls for granola, so I used my homemade granola that we love.  Picture is the dry ingredients. Second, I pressed the final mixture into a 9 x 9, parchment lined baking dish instead of rolling it into balls.  The color of these photos are all different, because of the time of day, and how dark the house was from the thick Canadian smoke that was still outside at the time. These cut very nicely, and were very good, straight from the refrigerator.  It was hard to eat just one of them.  I will be making this again, and switching out the peanuts with walnuts, and switching out the raisins with dates.  Oh my!  The binder is honey and peanut butter. These are perfect for your hiking days, camping, your grandkids, or just for snacks when you want one. The rain arrived thank goodness, and washed the smoke in...