Skip to main content

Good Grief! The Car Saga Continues

Sunday, while Hubby worked on the car the entire day, I got 3 "F" bombs done for my current order.  Just 3 more to get done.

Monday, I went with Hubby to work on the car again.  His exact words were, "it'll be 1/2 hour tops and we'll bring her home."  It didn't happen.  She's still not running after putting her all back together.  I was starving and we were thankful for leftover turkey and sweet potatoes when we arrived home late.   

Sadly, we didn't have any time to cut wood.  Hubby is going work on the car every night until they figure it out.  We didn't have the boys help yesterday, and Hubby is stumped.  It starts, but won't stay running.  They will hook up a code test and see what comes of that next.

Since we have been super busy with the car, I have a full "to-do" list today.  Over the top long.  The sink is filled with dirty dishes and the housework is so far behind.  Daughter had a full day of musical practice Monday and that continues after school, so the entire to-do list lands on me alone.  

My computer area in my kitchen is a total mess.  Papers need shredded, papers filed, mail opened and sorted, and printed recipes laying around.  Sigh....I'm gonna need a lot of coffee today.

Send good mojo that Hubby and the boys can get my car running, and soon.  They are needing the garage to work on their skid loader next, and we are hogging up their garage space.  

Everything is just a hot mess today.  Every room a mess.  I don't even know where to start today.  Please be patient as I respond to comments when I can.

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
I wish you luck and patience. Breathe deeply and remember everything will work out eventually....at least you're not a cold starving refugee in some camp. It could always be worse!
Thanks Sam I Am, don't get me wrong, not complaining just sharing current situation.
mamasmercantile said…
Sending you a hug in the hope it will help. Tomorrow is another day...
RB said…
I must confess, I don't understand what the F-bombs are for. I understand the cuss word for it, but don't think that's what it is.
My colonoscopy didn't go well, and they wanted me to come back for a second day to make sure everything was empty. I told them NO. I've had enough of it, plus I discovered AFTER that I hadn't been given proper eating (or rather drinking) instructions for diabetics. So that's another thing I'm grumpy about. I went without food of any kind other than the drinking solution, tea and diet Sprite for 2 days, and that's not good for someone with diabetes.
Am praying you get your car fixed. They can be a vexation for sure. Bro Tom finally gave up on his and let the dealer have it back. He'd been having trouble with the transmission sensor since the day after he got it, and finally it just wouldn't shift at all.
Maybe we all need to go back to horse & buggies. sigh
Praying everyone has a great few days ahead, and safe ones too. We're expecting a couple of inches of snow here in south central NC. SURPRISE!!! LOL I wonder what the new rescue dog (Milo) will think about that.
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart