Skip to main content

Journal Junkie ~ Nature Journal

I recently mentioned our Queen Anne's Lace Jelly, and thought I'd share my Nature Journal.  




I have also made dandelion jelly, which you can read about here:  Dandelion Jelly.

Yes, I have yet another journal.  Can you believe that?  I haven't added to this one in several years.  In fact, I haven't since Daughter sold her horse.  

I used a 5 x 7 (inch) photo album to make this.  I cut cardstock to fit the page, and pencil to write the plant description.  I picked and pressed the plants in a flower press I have and carefully glued them to the cardstock.

I still have more pages to fill, so maybe this year I can walk around and see what I missed journaling this year.

Do you have a nature journal?  

Comments

Mama Pea said…
Do I have a nature journal? Pshaw, no! I'm not nearly that organized. Hubby has more of an interest in (edible) plants than I and plans on pursuing that interest to a greater extent . . . someday. Your blog postings will be a big help to him when he starts delving into it more. But that dandelion jelly does intrigue me . . . :o]
Mama Pea, dandelion jelly has a mild taste, more mild than honey.
Sam I Am...... said…
I don't have one but what a great idea! I love yours.
Rain said…
I think that my nature journal is my private blog where I log pretty much my entire life! The only physical journal I have is an art journal where I draw, write random poetry and do some small painting when the mood strikes. I think it's a great idea though!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart