Skip to main content

It's Twin Boys!

Mama Peanut gave birth to twin boys.  One black and one brown, with markings like their dad.


It's so hard to get a good photo of these two cuties.  They move around, buck and play at this age.  They were born yesterday afternoon.  Here, we have them inside in a dog kennel to play with a bit.  The goat coats fit perfectly.


I better get them back out to Mom Peanut.  I bet she misses the little guys already.  It's pretty cold too, so I'm glad I had coats made.  I guess I'll be sewing up one more just to be sure we have enough for Misty.

Comments

Kim said…
They look like baby zebras to me. Ummmm, zebra goats, maybe a new breed?!! Adorable.
Rain said…
Beautiful! And these are photos you took one day after their birth? I've never seen newborn goats, they are so sweet. Congrats on the coats fitting!
Kim, Hubby was away when I made the coats so when he saw them he cracked up laughing.
Rain, yes they were one day old when I took the photos. The brown one is the smaller one, but he's catching up in size already. Males grow faster.
Mama Pea said…
Those coats are as cute on the kids as I knew they would be. No wonder your hubby got a charge out of them!
RB said…
Cute, cute, cute!!! Now the "fun" starts.

I wonder what their names are.

God bless.

RB
<><
Mama Pea, Hubby thought the coats were hilarious.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart