Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

From the Homesteading Journal. . .

 . . . found this cute goat planter at a local store.  We got it for a fraction of the cost Menard's was selling them for (small ding in the bottom, so they marked it down for us).



 . . . picked up more goat fencing and supplies.  The dollar signs are just flying by.  I think we still need more supplies.  It's taken us over 2 years to get this fencing up.  That however, is reality in today's economy.


. . . Hubby wants 3 more rose bushes to landscape a few areas.  We still need a load of dirt.

(installation in progress)

. . . picked up 2 more rain barrels.  They are on clearance already.




. . . peas are now up above the fence and ready to harvest.  I might be sharing a new recipe soon.  I also found a recipe for a jalapeno dip we may try.

. . . more broccoli is ready too.  Cauliflower is soon to follow.

. . .my younger brother surprised us by bringing us a load of wood.

6 comments:

Willow said...

Such a cute little goat planter :)

Michelle said...

The garden looks great. Wish my pea were ready to harvest. They only about 6 inches high.

Winnie said...

That goat planter is just too adorable for words! My daughter, who raises dairy goats would so love one for her porch! We don't have a Menards locally.

Unknown said...

Cute planter. We're in the same boat with ongoing projects. The bathroom is next year, waiting for 7. It'll be a fairly big remodel. Couldn't get to it yet, with all the other stuff....

Kim said...

Now that is my kinda gift,better make him some homemade jam/jelly.

Liz said...

I like the toadstool in the background. I have a rain barrel on my list of things to get. Hope I can find some on sale! Cute planter!