Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Reading Room

The weather was in the 60's yesterday so I took my favorite lounge chair and hiked it out on the property.  Within a few minutes of reading my book, our black lab wanted to play catch.  After I told her to "go get a stick" she proudly brought me a stick just short of 6 feet in length.  She even played fetch with it!  Ha ha!  The barn cats came to my chair to get a rub down, purring up a storm.  They love attention.

The sun is shining again today, so the laundry is already hanging outside, Black Bean soup is simmering in the crock pot, and my Trapper's Oat bread is cooling for after school and lunch packings.  I have a busy day today and plan to write my 1700 words for NaNoWriMo novel, and freeze green onion for the winter.  I still need to mix up a large salad for dinner and bake Tilapia also.  My kitchen is already filled with joyful smells (and Christmas music - he he he!).

No comments: