Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Frozen Towels and Wall of Thanksgiving

It's just another weekend laundry day around here.  I literally had to yank my towels and washcloths from the clothesline.  They froze to the line, where they were pinched by the wooden clothespins.  Even if I had a million dollars, I would still hang my clothes out when ever possible.  Even in the snow.

The barn cat's water bowl froze over, but the chicken's did not.  It's pretty cold and by 1:00pm today it felt like bedtime.  The cloud cover, and lack of sunshine is a bid depressing.

My 14 year-old daughter cut leaves from construction paper and each of us wrote something we are thankful on them.  The hall way wall is now the "wall of Thanksgiving."  It's another memory we'll share together.

No comments: