Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, November 15, 2010

Pumpkin-Apple Butter

I managed to make my very first batch of Pumpkin-Apple Butter, and we all love it.  I had been buying Apple butter from the orchard, but have now taken the time to make it myself.  I like the pumpkin in it too.  Who knows, maybe my family will be getting a small jar for Christmas too.
I made 4 1/2 pints to give this recipe a try.  I will definitely be making this recipe again.

The recipe is a crock pot recipe, and is in the book Creating the Happiest of Holidays, book 2, by Leisure Arts.

1 comment:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Sounds delicious! What a wonderful, seasonal gift!!!