Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, November 13, 2010

No luck convincing my husband to go camping ~ Splitting more wood

I almost had him convinced, but the weather is changing rapidly and wood is needed for winter - chicken feathers!  It's going to be in the upper 60's today, but after that drop back down.  Today is a very sad day here.  The front porch furniture must go into storage.  We'll take one last view from the front porch and treasure it until spring.  Meanwhile, I'll have to dream about camping until the work is finished.

If I have time, I'll freeze more chopped green onion for winter.  I am really going to miss my garden this winter.   I already brought my rosemary and starter of lemon verbena inside.

No comments: