Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Laundry Soap Making Day

Today I making another batch of laundry soap.  This time I am making it with Zote, but it's still not turning out the way I'd like it too.  I may have to switch containers and store it in a plastic bucket with a lid. 

The sun is out and the wind is pretty strong, so it's a good laundry day for drying my bedding outside.

My kids are cleaning house for a school break/movie night party.  The rules have always been that if they are doing the inviting, then they do all the cleaning.   They are mixing up a bottle of vinegar/water to wash down the bathroom.

As for me, I have writing to finish.  It's day 23 of the NaNoWriMo and I've been able to keep up despite household chores, kids and hurting myself.  Yep.  I managed to pull a muscle or pinch a nerve or something and my head is throbbing.  I can't lean my head back or to the left either.  It's been pretty painful.   I better take something for it, because I have a school conference tonight. 

No comments: