Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Freeze, Fog and Writing

We've had fog delays for 2 days, but today it's worse.  I just put my towels on the clothesline and had to laugh because there was a layer of ice on my line.  The sun is out, and I am every so thankful for the sunny days this November.

I managed to cut and freeze several jars of green onion before it was too late.  I've been so far behind this year.  I may take a look at my chives today and see if I can cut some of that too.  We can use it all winter long.

As for the National Novel Writing Month, I have written 17,004 words as of yesterday.   Woo hoo!  What a triumph as a stay-at-home mother.  Because stay at home has been synonymous with lazy, we don't get the credit we really deserve.  Ask my husband and he'll tell you why he'd rather have me home than at work all day, including that he's eating a healthy piece of baked Tilapia for his work lunch today (no fast food).  I do admit, that some housework goes undone to participate in NaNoWriMo, but it's only one month out of the year.  In five years no one will care if the bathroom was a mess or if the bed was not made.  Live life, and do what you have wanted to do.  Don't wait like I did.

No comments: