Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, June 18, 2022

Kitchen update

 


Just a look-see at the oven area.  I still have to paint that wooden beam in the ceiling and half the ceiling, but I'm super happy with the results.  It's so much brighter!

The weather is much cooler this morning, and I am thankful for that.  It will be another full blown day in the garden.  The larger tomato patch was finished yesterday.  We actually have tomatoes on the very first plant I put banana peel water on.  That area has been fully weeded and tilled.  Today I have to water every thing, including flower bed, herb garden, newly planted trees and potted flowers.  Then it's back out to weed the other garden.

I'll admit, I was not ready to do all of this solo.  Coming in from the garden, downing some Haymaker's punch, and painting.  I have really slacked in the cooking department due to the garden work that needs done.



5 comments:

Mother Em said...

Lovely. You're doing some great work Lady.

Lisa T said...

definitely much brighter. I love the tin tiles for backsplash and am considering that for my kitchen eventually.

chipmunk said...

Your kitchen looks really nice! Cut yourself some slack, and don't overdo the work so much that you make yourself sick in this heat. It looks like you have really accomplished a lot already!

Debi said...

What a difference a coat of paint makes! Your kitchen looks great. It's lots of work but so worth it in the end. What is Haymaker's punch? I've never heard of it. Gardening takes a lot of time and work, especially in the spring and the fall. Hopefully, it will slow a little bit for you soon. Enjoy your weekend.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you everyone, I'm so glad I added the backsplash too. I just love it!