Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, June 16, 2022

My Flowers ~ Haymaker's Punch ~ Inflation is out of control!!






My flowers still look beautiful!

The heat returns, and I am prepared this time.   I was out and back in by 8:30am, with a heat index of 89°F.  The tomatoes look better than the day before, but still way to wet to get in there to tie up plants.

I will monitor my gardening time out in the sun, but have what's called "Nature's Gatorade."

The recipe is from the Farmer's Almanac, but also online with Mother Earth News.  

I cut the recipe down for a 1/2 gallon, and used molasses, and did not add extra brown sugar.

On the handmade home front, I am so frustrated with this inflation.  Walmart raised their cotton cone yarn from $7.99 to $12.95, and never have the colors I need.  JoAnn's raised their price to $15.99.  I went online to check Michael's and they have them on clearance, and all are out of stock.  I ended up finding one color on Amazon for $10.95, but the only option for the other colors in stock were $14.99 and that was "on sale" as they have raised their price to $16.99 for a cone of cotton yarn!!  Hobby Lobby has limited stock and I do not like Premier yarn at all.

 

6 comments:

Debi said...

Those flowers are beautiful. I hope you get some relief from the heat. Rising prices are crazy! I'm glad I have a "stash". It may not be the exact color I want but it will certainly keep me busy until prices come down... if they come down, that is.

Jackie said...

Inflation in both our countries is crazy. Hopefully our governments will be able to control it soon.

God bless.

Lady Locust said...

Your flowers are beautiful! And yes, inflation is nuts!
Stay cool and hydrated with that. I'd forgotten about that punch. Now I need to look it up again.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debi, I have a stash too, but I swear I bought a cone of white cotton yarn years ago. Nope. Ugh.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lady Locust, this is the first year to learn about Haymaker's punch.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, it is crazy. I'm glad we don't have inside pets to feed this year, but we do plan to get a dog, so I hope prices do come down.