Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Foraging ~ Ramblings

 

The wild black raspberries are on early this year.  They are small, but tasty.  

I have a lot of plantain in the flower beds, and I am happy to say I have a wild growing mullein plant again.  So happy for that.

The heat if finally letting up a bit, but no sign of rain.

My husband took the truck to work the other day, so he could get the gas can refilled.  A deer jumped out of the ditch and smashed into the side of the truck.  I'm still waiting on the collision repair guy to call so I can take the truck in for repairs. I sure hope it doesn't take a year to get an appointment.

I finally baked us a chocolate angel food cake.  It's good and light, but there is not much chocolate flavor to it.  I don't get to make one very often, but it's a nice light dessert for this hot weather.


2 comments:

Jackie said...

I am looking in to foraging a bit more. I now know if I want to make dandelion anything I have to pick them just as soon as they appear. I did get the oil made which is supposed to be good for aches and pains. I need to try that out very soon.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, I am not getting many dandelions this year. After we had a Derecho, it has been dry and hot. The grass is dying and crunching under our feet.