Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, June 6, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday

It was about time we were blessed with an entire weekend rest, relax, and rejuvenate. 

My camper ornaments have been delivered and are for sale in a store on our favorite island.  I'm creating another new items she is interested in.  I'm praying I have time to work on them, and get the painting done, garden kept up, and so forth.

We are not the only ones dealing with a busy schedule.  Our friends on the island could not meet up with us due to a very busy work schedule.  We did stop and visit with another friend we have other there though.

My new smaller tiller finally arrived so garden work, while my husband is back to long hours, is much easier on me.


Today I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The weather . . .
85°F/66°F, scattered thunderstorms, windy


As I look outside my window . . . 
It's still dark out.

Right now I am . . .
Sipping coffee, trying to wake up.


Thinking and pondering . . .
Too early for that, ha ha!


How I am feeling . . .
Sad.  Sad we have to be back on the mainland with my husband back to long days, but I do have a lot to keep me busy, and the younger two girls come and go with visits.


On the breakfast plate . . .
Egg/sausage/cheese muffin, organic coffee


On my reading pile . . .
Picked up a new book.  I am pretty sure it will be a fast read, so I'm putting this first before I finish my current book.



On my TV this week . . .
Whatever looks good.


On the menu . . .
-chicken teriyaki, homemade teriyaki sauce
-Rueben's, but most likely will be next week
-grilled brats, side veggie


Looking around the house . . .
I have to make a trip upstairs and try and juggle working up there as well.  I need to (still have not) make room for the treadmill.  Next flooring project is the living room/kitchen bathroom.


On the to-do list . . .
-water and till in garden
-paint another drawer
-tidy up kitchen where I can
-water flower pots
-laundry
-vacuum
-dust
-water house plants
-check emails (getting so bad at this)
-start working on the back patio


From the camera . . .



Devotional/Prayers . . .
No special requests right now.




2 comments:

Luludou said...

Glad you got to enjoy some time on the Island. would love to see pictures of the ornaments you are making for the Island shop.
Have a great (busy!) week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, if you go to my June 8th post, I have a picture posted there of the new item, as for the ornaments I will have to see what day I posted them. I know it was recent.