Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, June 24, 2022

This and That

In conversation with a professional in the financial business, I was told we are already in a recession regardless of what the news is saying or not saying.  I'll be honest, I am wondering if people will even have money to spend on craft shows this coming Christmas time.  

Last night I made this sheet pan dinner, and it was very good.  The only thing I would add is a dressing for the chicken once it comes out of the oven. I'm thinking cherry-bourbon BBQ sauce or something.  Other than that the bacon grease made this dish very tasty.  A good recipe for bad times as well.  You can raise your meat birds, grow your own sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts, and raise the pig to render the lard for the cooking process.  I do have cast iron pans in case of a black out, and can cook over a campfire.

I'm ready to start gutting the smaller bathroom, but our handyman told us, "I don't do weekends."  I guess if it works out, I'll get doing that on my own.  I've been watching Youtube videos of how to take a corner shower out.  The problem is I am not allowed to operate a saw by myself.


2 comments:

Jackie said...

You aren't allowed to use a saw, and Harvey says he shudders every time I have a knife in my hand. It has been awhile since I sliced myself so perhaps I should touch wood.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh, Jackie, thanks for the chuckle. I bought myself a new gadget for cleaning bell peppers, because I sliced my hand using a knife to clean them.