Skip to main content

Newest Crochet Project - Mini Camper Keychains and other Tidbits

I made this for Daughter K's birthday.  I'm not sure I'll get the other project done in time.  I'm heading out to the garden this morning early.  Anyway, it turned out super cute.  She is into a black and white theme in her apartment this year.

I got two more made in other colors, but it takes quite a bit of time to make these mini campers.

I got a strawberry crunch cake made yesterday evening.  I'm trying really hard to rotate out of the freezer, so I don't waste anything in there.  I forgot to take a photo, but my husband was pretty happy to come home to it.

Found out my husband's boss is out sick with covid right now.

All of the loose floor trim is painted but one piece.  The flooring guys broke one piece in half, and I didn't find out until the other day.  Frustrating for sure.

I'm off the hook with making breakfast for my husband's crew.  However, he needs scrambled eggs now for the weekend burritos.

I'm the queen of list making right now.  There is a list for the day, a continued list for the grocery store, a list of things that need re-stocked that require another list to pre-start those, like infusing oils.  I'm doing my best at this, but evenings are the hardest I think.






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart