Skip to main content

Goals

I've made great strides in my goals of self-sufficient meals, even though I have to purchase real lard at this point.
Image result for personal goals quotes


Breakfast the other day, happened to be one of those happy moments. 



Image result for personal goals quotes



I pulled blanched garden kale from the freezer.

I pulled one garden garlic clove from my garlic storage.
I pulled one lonely last bag of frozen garden bell peppers (ecstatic I found it).
I pulled dehydrated bella mushrooms (organic), and re-hydrated them.
I pulled two small garden sweet potatoes from my bin.
I pulled frozen chives from the freezer.
I whisked eggs from my layers.


Image result for personal goals quotes

I normally would say I grew the onion too, but last year we did not.  I am purchasing organic, until the garden is planted this spring.


Gardening goals met.  More to go. More to change and revise.

This long, cold winter has me analyzing my time more than ever.  I'm in the process of changing my mornings, but my posts will still be posted. 

Time spent at the "Procrastination Station" will be better managed.



By the way, this was an amazing breakfast with no recipe.
I'm so glad I dehydrated organic mushrooms.  

Yum!

Comments

Mama Pea said…
I find myself using a lot of mushrooms in our morning egg dishes. They seem to give "substance" to eggs along with good flavor and nutrition. Isn't having frozen chives in the freezer wonderful? I find mine can hardly be differentiated from fresh ones . . . which, of course, we don't have all winter long. I have lots of green pepper chunks left in the freezer. Wish I could send you some of them!
Mama Pea, I do miss my green peppers. And you are right about the mushrooms. That breakfast was delicious.

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart