Skip to main content

Tincture Time ~ Eye Strain Relief

In the past, I have used a poultice to place on my eyes for eye relief.  I believe I made it from chickweed. I'd have to read over my past blog posts, or read my homesteading journal to be sure....



I'm now experimenting with a tea with a combination of goji berries and chrysanthemum buds.  


Next, it was time to make the tincture. It's still "brewing."


I have organic chrysanthemum buds and vodka in one jar, and organic goji berries in another.   I have read it is better to use 100 proof for the berries, or if you use 80 proof, let it sit longer than 8 weeks.  

I will keep these separate after they are strained, and use together or individually.

Together, this tincture is said to be good for eye strain relief, but there are many the benefits of both. Chrysanthemum bud tea is good for stress and anxiety, as well as helps cure headache, fever, swelling, helps reduce high blood pressure, helps treat diabetes, anti-inflammatory, helps with skin health, heart health, boosts immunity and so much more.   Speaking of Chrysanthemum bud tea, I read that youngin's should drink this at an early age to prevent osteoporosis.

Now, it will be my experiment to see if it works well for what they say it works well for, especially eye strain.  If you have made this tincture, I'd love to know about your experience. 

And with all herbs and berries, some can interfere with prescription drugs and cause reactions, so read up before you attempt these.  Any herb or weed may cause an allergic reaction.  With that said, I am starting small with a pint jar of each.

I have been drinking the tea about 2-3 times a week. I do see that it helps with my recent eye strain.  I'll continue to drink this combination, and update if needed. 

Comments

Rain said…
Your experiments are very interesting. I love how you use all natural remedies.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart