Skip to main content

The Non-Porch Projects

Wow!  We had a high of 71°F on Tuesday, but rain, rain and more rain.  

Breakfast  ~ Two eggs over easy, over leftover Mexican Quinoa.  A favorite lately.  The hens were oh so happy yesterday with weather change. I hope egg supply increases today.


Banana-Blueberry bread.  I made this using homemade yogurt vs. sour cream.  It turned out very soft too.  I had hoped it would last the rest of the work week, but it's going fast already.

There was a request for more Mexican Quinoa, so I pulled a bag of corn from the freezer.  I laughed, and laughed.  My youngest daughter and Hubby took over the corn when I couldn't (taking it off the cob and freezing it last summer).  So funny.  It was 2-ish cups too.


I finished this "Harley Davidson" scarf yesterday.  It's being donated to the auction too.  

Although it looks like I had a rather busy day, it seemed to go slower to me.

I even opened the garage and started to clean up in there too.  Even if the rain came down or not.  Cleaning the garage and the utility room are my trouble spots.  Things get thrown in, and no one around here keeps it tidy.  We need the space to pull a vehicle in, when repairs are needed too (like my awaiting brake repair).

I managed to add some items to the thrift box, and filled two garbage bags of garbage.  I emptied about 6 cardboard boxes, which are awaiting me to breakdown and tote to the barn for another use.  I found several items to get rid of, that have been offered to other people.  If they are not wanted, they too, go to the thrift.  I even found a box of clothes hangers, which included "toddler" hangers to pass on as well.  Although only an hour or so was spent in there, if felt good to get a start on it (again).

It's crazy weather for February, so after chores, I took my current project to the porch.  I was quickly back inside.  Until the rain stops, I can't put a chair out on the covered porch.  During this time of year, the wind blows the rain right under the roof and covers the entire porch.  I was so ready to take a folding chair out there too.  The sun popped out for a while too.

It's a bit cooler today.  No heat needed, but no open windows either.  It'll get cold again, but I so enjoyed the warm up.

Don't worry, I won't be deep cleaning today.  It's too cold to open the garage or work in my closet.  I'll most likely do a swipe type cleaning, check laundry status, delegate sweeping of floors, and dishes, and do some writing.  I should probably bring in more radish pods and get more seeds ready too. I'll admit, I am excited to see spring planting arrive soon. 

Comments

Rain said…
I'm excited for spring planting too! We have lots of rain the last few days too, which is making things so messy out there. But winter isn't over yet, snow in the forecast for Friday. You egg dish looks great and that bundt bread too! :)
Thanks Rain, we are flooding here now.
mamasmercantile said…
Love the look of the bundt. I am hoping to get started on the tyres that I am using as planters so I can start on some herbs seeds.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart