Skip to main content

"Fire it Up" Herb/Spice Mix (aka Full Throttle Herb/Spice Mix ~ Good/Bad

We woke up to all the white stuff melted.  All of it.  I am so glad to see that.  It was an ice rink walking to the barn, to fetch wood and to get the mail.  It'll be sloshy out there, but I'll take warmer weather and mud over ice and freezing temps at this point.


There are so many nutritional and medicinal benefits of herbs and spices, so I won't go into detail of each one.  However, I mixed the following together for their benefits, and tried it on eggs, on sandwiches, meats etc.

Although I called it "Fire it Up" we like to think of (or call it) "Full Throttle" because it fires up our "engines."

A body boosting, immune boosting, sickness fighter, overall health boosting mix.



First I picked dehydrated garden parsley, and my home ground garlic. 



I ground the parsley and measured out about 4 teaspoons.

Added 1 teaspoon of the ground garlic.

Then I added:
4 tsp. dried dill weed
2 tsp. ground mustard, organic
1 tsp. cayenne, organic

Mix together.  Give it a shake before using.  






Do we like the taste?  Love it!  






I put this on onions and diced sweet potatoes and added scrambled eggs.  This last time (photos above) I made the same sweet potatoes with the spice, two eggs on the side cooked in coconut oil, topped with fresh parsley.  Then added a piece of organic toast with homemade sweet potato butter.  I'm going to use it more often and have it ready for grilling this summer.  Oh my I love this new combination.  

Update 4/5/2018:
Full Throttle Roasted Brussels Sprouts
I cleaned and sliced brussels sprouts and put them on my stoneware tray.  I drizzled olive oil, added salt and pepper, and some minced fresh garlic.  I then sprinkled the Full Throttle mix over it and roasted them for 35-40 minutes, stirring a few times.  We loved this!!

Full Throttle Sweet Potatoes
Scrub, peel and dice sweet potatoes.  In a stove top skillet add a bit of your favorite cooking oil, sprinkle with herb mix and cook until pieces are tender.  Add white or red potatoes if desired.   We love this and eat it for breakfast too.


Did you know dill contains, vitamin C, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, and more?  I am not a huge dill fan, but in this mix, it's pretty good, and we get the extra nutrition.


💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙


The Bad:  The store where our 18 year-old works, may be closing.  They have already cut back store hours.

The Good:  She has a second interview with another business.


The Bad:  The February craft show has failed.  They have not set a date, and it was to be before Valentine's Day.  

The Good:  I may have another craft show opportunity early March elsewhere, and the light blue heart coasters have sold.


💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙



A batch of homemade ginger-ale was brewed up, strained and in the fridge for anyone here who needs it.


A crock pot of healing chicken noodle soup was also cooked up.  I added some organic mushrooms this time, and used two types of my homemade noodles - regular, and spinach.  Loaded it with onion, garlic, parsley and thyme, and tossed in a few frozen celery cubes.  Not much is left over today.  I usually have lots of soup leftover.  The sick ones here enjoyed it very much.

Even my once vegetarian, mushroom hating daughter, devoured a bowl of soup. 

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
That soup does look good, I can see why it went so quickly.
Leigh said…
The herb mix sounds like a keeper! And all those photos of yummy food make me hungry! LOL
Leigh, the herb mix has been delicious on several meals.
Sam I Am...... said…
Everything looks so yummy!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart