Skip to main content

Spring Break


Hubby and I typically take the kids to a hotel for a good night of swimming during winter.  We however, we had other things happen to delay that.  


Although not all of the kids went, Hubby made late season arrangements for a spring break outing.  The kids lost two days of their spring break (due to snow days) so they have a limited break this year. 

They get to swim any time the pool is open, and Hubby and I get time to read books, and use the exercise equipment.

Our highlight of this exquisite getaway?  We went to a discount store and went slipper shopping.  Ha ha!  We then went down to the hotel breakfast area (at night), in our slippers, and played cards.  Folks kept coming in to see what we were up to.   In the morning, we all went down to he free breakfast, in our slippers.  We got many looks, but we didn't care.   All in all, we all had fun.

Now I need to get busy and plan an outing for the kiddos that stayed home to care for the animals.  I also need to plan a graduation party for our 18 year-old. 

Happy Easter to everyone!

Comments

Mama Pea said…
Glad some of you had a chance to get away if even for only a short little vacation. And you brought home souvenirs that you can use for a long while . . . your slippers!
Sounds like a blast!
I used to know a family that would do the same thing... they'd book a couple of rooms at the Best Western... take the grill in the bed of the truck with an ice cooler full of food and the kids would swim, swim, swim... all week long!
I asked her why she did that? She said, Wifi, local library, pool, and summer reading clubs... all accessible from the local Best Western.
Sometimes they'd go and stay in a hotel near her hubby's work...so he could stay at the hotel during the weeks he worked out of town.
I guess it's whatever works!
You can just find fun where ever you are!
Mama Pea, we love the new slippers. I used the hotel stairs (to get more exercise), but tripped walking in slippers, then laughed at myself, and a few wandering folks gave me a weird look. Ha ha!
Patricia, you just gave me a new idea (Hubby's work). Thanks.
RB said…
Sounds like a different kind of fun, and such a good idea for that late winter break too.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, I was shocked at how just swimming in a tiny pool gave the kids so much fun. Of course the slipper shopping and walking around in them, in the hotel, was even more fun, ha ha@

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart