Skip to main content

Beautification. . .


Hubby made breakfast for the two of us yesterday, and we took it to the front porch.  It was therapeutic to sip hot coffee, and eat breakfast outside early in the morning.


We did barn chores together, including rounding up two goats on the loose.  Hubby had to stop and fix the gate, so they can't escape again.


I actually pulled some dead stuff from the front flower beds, and it felt awesome to start the beatification process once more.


The little kids love to to play outside.  They have already outgrown their goat coats, and just in time for spring weather. 

I put the small bird house back up in the tree, in hopes for some happy birds to make it their home.



I put a cloth table cover on the small porch table and added the cushions, to see if we'll like the new look.  Perfect!  We love it.  Now I have to get the paint job finished and find a vinyl table cover to match the one I have in cloth.



Our porch rooster is getting a few new coats of protectant.  He's out of the rain and sun typically, but it doesn't hurt to protect it.

We had to put off wood splitting, because Hubby worked on another job, but that's okay.  He wanted to quit early and play cards on the porch again.  Our youngest plays cards with us some nights, and recently has been beating us most of the time.  The little stinker she is.  I call it luck.

Comments

Susan said…
Isn't it nice to be outside? I love your 'outdoor' room on the porch - red and white is so cheerful!
Susan, when Hubby asked me to paint the chairs and table leg I wasn't sure I'd like it. I think we all like it too. I was outside again today, and weeding my rose bed. I was very nice to get out there.
Mama Pea said…
Lots of spring time things going on at your place.

We actually had warm enough weather here yesterday that hubby hauled two of the deck chairs out so we could sit in the sun. I even dug out some shorts so I could start getting some sun on my fish-belly white legs. Made two notes to myself: 1) Shave legs, and 2) give myself a pedicure. Quick!
Ha ha ha! Mama Pea you know how to make me laugh. I felt like getting shorts out yesterday, but it poured down rain mid-afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart