Skip to main content

Beautification. . .


Hubby made breakfast for the two of us yesterday, and we took it to the front porch.  It was therapeutic to sip hot coffee, and eat breakfast outside early in the morning.


We did barn chores together, including rounding up two goats on the loose.  Hubby had to stop and fix the gate, so they can't escape again.


I actually pulled some dead stuff from the front flower beds, and it felt awesome to start the beatification process once more.


The little kids love to to play outside.  They have already outgrown their goat coats, and just in time for spring weather. 

I put the small bird house back up in the tree, in hopes for some happy birds to make it their home.



I put a cloth table cover on the small porch table and added the cushions, to see if we'll like the new look.  Perfect!  We love it.  Now I have to get the paint job finished and find a vinyl table cover to match the one I have in cloth.



Our porch rooster is getting a few new coats of protectant.  He's out of the rain and sun typically, but it doesn't hurt to protect it.

We had to put off wood splitting, because Hubby worked on another job, but that's okay.  He wanted to quit early and play cards on the porch again.  Our youngest plays cards with us some nights, and recently has been beating us most of the time.  The little stinker she is.  I call it luck.

Comments

Susan said…
Isn't it nice to be outside? I love your 'outdoor' room on the porch - red and white is so cheerful!
Susan, when Hubby asked me to paint the chairs and table leg I wasn't sure I'd like it. I think we all like it too. I was outside again today, and weeding my rose bed. I was very nice to get out there.
Mama Pea said…
Lots of spring time things going on at your place.

We actually had warm enough weather here yesterday that hubby hauled two of the deck chairs out so we could sit in the sun. I even dug out some shorts so I could start getting some sun on my fish-belly white legs. Made two notes to myself: 1) Shave legs, and 2) give myself a pedicure. Quick!
Ha ha ha! Mama Pea you know how to make me laugh. I felt like getting shorts out yesterday, but it poured down rain mid-afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart