Skip to main content

Cinnamon Blueberry Jam



I ran out of freezer space, so I started canning the last of the blueberries.  I am canning a new blueberry jam recipe - Cinnamon Blueberry Jam.  It's from Taste of Home if you'd like to try it too. 


Taste tester results?

Delicious!  

Update 8/1/14:  My youngest daughter said "you have to give it for Christmas, because it tastes like Christmas!"


This would make a wonderful Christmas present if you have blueberries right now.  The first time I made it I got 5 -1/2 pints and I followed the recipe exactly.  The second time I made it I got 5 - 1/2 pints as well.   I used my food processor to "crush" the blueberries.

Yesterday my digital kitchen timer stopped working.  I resorted to getting a "timer" on the internet on the kitchen computer.  Where there is a will, there is a way, right?

Hubby and I are still not feeling good.  It's hard to just rest when you have a table full of vegetables, and about 5 more pounds of blueberries to can with.  He isn't resting on account of getting the truck fixed (after work) either.  I hope to show some improvement by late today.  The cough is lingering, but at least I can breath through my nose today.





I took some afternoon time to rest on the porch yesterday.  I started another dishcloth. This pattern uses #10 cotton thread, and is one of the thinnest I make.  These are perfect for the camper, as they have a handle to hang it, and they dry out quickly.  Not to mention thin, so they pack nicely. 

It will look like this:
I used to sell these at the Farmer's Market, but they take longer to make than knitted or regular cotton crocheted dishcloths.  This is an old photo of some I made in the past.



Pattern is from Gooseberry Patch "Farmhouse Crochet #4777, Leisure Arts, ISBN 13-978-1-6-140-891-2

Comments

Susan said…
Thank you for the recipe! I think I will have to make this this weekend. Perfect Christmas gifts! And I LOVE those dishcloths. Can you share the pattern? I have been looking for something lighter than the worsted cotton.
Susan, I got it from a library book. Let me see if I can locate the title, or if anything else, I will email you.
EMMA said…
Love the sound of that jam - blueberries are not ripe here yet but I will be making this as soon as they are.
I'd also like to try making one of those dishcloths if you can find the pattern.
Get well soon!
I see you were able to get well enough to go camping. That probably did you both some good just to get a way and relax.
I like the dishcloths...I've not done much crocheting of late; but I've got my eye on some baby yarn, and some patterns for the new grandbabies that will be here February.
Pat, as soon as I got back, I ordered us some mullien tea leaves. I should have planted it, but did not for some reason (busyness perhaps). We are still coughing horribly, but went anyway, as our reservations were made a month ago. We felt if we canceled them, the kids may never (or us) get any summer time fun this year. We are still sick, so as soon as I get the tea leaves, I am making a mullien tea for the both of us.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart