Skip to main content

From the Family Journal . . .


. . . my brothers surprised us.  One gave us a truckload of wood, and the other picked up some writing books at a recent book sale for me.  Woot!

. . . our 16 year-old daughter was featured in a school newspaper that is mailed out in our area.  She was featured for her artwork (a hand drawn piece).  She is also being inducted into the National Honor Society this month.



. . . our 21 year-old son was hired by a family to design their own wine label.  He also took his MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) testing this week and is now enlisted in the Marines. 


. . . having family movie night every Sunday night lately.  Making a special treat, and beverage for most of them.


. . . Hubby and I are back to the gym, for a 5am workout. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


"I just learned lesson 1, 991," said Hubby.

"Whaddaya mean?" I asked confused.

"Don't saw wood near your truck, and leave the truck doors open."




Comments

Carolyn said…
Any chances of putting up a picture of DH's artwork? I'd love to see it :)
Carolyn, it's currently on display at the school. I hope to get a photo of it soon.
Candy C. said…
WOW!! Lots of good news! Congrats to your daughter and your son!! And a big ruh-roh to your hubby! LOL!!
EMMA said…
Congratulations to your daughter and son, you are all such a creative family.
Hats of to you for the 5am work out!!
Winnie said…
So happy to hear about your children's successes! And keep up that 5am workout schedule! You are doing great with losing weight!!
Sam I Am...... said…
Congratulations to both your daughter and your son. Love your rugs hanging on the line. So nice of your brothers to give you wood and writing books! Hope you're staying warm! It's cold down here too!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart