Skip to main content

Pumpkin and Goat's Milk Fudge ~ Sunny Day for Dog Play



I'll have to make these again, I realized I should have double checked and tested my thermometer.  I am still using a candy thermometer I've had for over 12 years.  It's an acurite thermometer by Chaney Instruments.  I really need to invest in a better candy thermometer.

I later tested my thermometer (sigh).  It read 195°F at boiling point.  That means I should have taken my fudge off the heat at  219°F instead of 236°F.  Quite a difference.

I just had a brain lapse.  My word!  My mother gave me a nice stainless steel candy thermometer made by Taylor (Smacking myself in the head!)  Sheesh, I definitely have to make this fudge again.

What a tasty treat to make.  I did not have an 8 x 8 inch pan so these came out a bit thin.


Gus

Jesse and Sadie


Comments

Candy C. said…
Pumpkin fudge sounds yummy! Let us know how the next batch comes out and please share the recipe! (I couldn't read it on here.)
I see you have blue and white Willow China! This is my favorite pattern and I have been fortunate enough to add some antique pieces to my collection over the years. I was also able to find a book about the beautiful Chinese legend behind the Willow dishes.
I found my smaller plate for sale at a Goodwill store. I think I paid about $.50 a plate. I was a rare find.
Candy, I'll try to get the fudge recipe posted soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart