Skip to main content

Pumpkin Waffles With Goat's Milk and Farm Fresh Eggs

These were delicious.  We doubled the batch, using our pumpkin puree, and have extra for breakfast.  The kids can toast them, and cook up eggs, and make egg/cheese/waffle sandwiches (or simply eat waffles).



Here's the recipe:
Pumpkin Waffles
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (see note)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, organic
1/4 tsp. ground ginger, organic
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg (or grate fresh nutmeg)
3 eggs, organic or farm fresh
1 3/4 cups milk or goat's milk
3/4 cup cooked and mashed pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup chopped nuts


Brush the waffle iron lightly with oil, and reheat it.


Into a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.  In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, pumpkin, and oil.  Stir the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.  Stir in nuts.


Spread a ladle-ful (or so) of batter into the prepared and heated waffle iron and bake until done.  Serve immediately, or keep warm in the oven at 200°F for 15 minutes (while you make more waffles).


Serves 4

Note:  Split the flour mixture 50/50 with whole wheat flour.



I made these in my Belgian  waffle maker. 


I'm slowly getting the deep cleaning done around here.  The discovery of mildew, due to a moist summer and fall, was not expected.  I'm working my way around the house, deep cleaning, one section at a time, and getting ready for winter.  When we removed our dresser drawers to pull the dresser out (and clean behind it), we each went through our drawers and cleaned out what we could.  I sent a box of clothing to Goodwill.


Everything is getting cleaned, including dresser doilies and more.  With living in the middle of crop fields, we get a lot of dust inside over the summer. 

Comments

Candy C. said…
YUM! Pumpkin waffles! I just love pumpkin season!! :)
Oh, the pumpkin waffles look delicious! I am planning a pumpkin dessert today. Maybe I will find time to make a batch of your waffles too. Thanks for posting the recipe :)

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart