Skip to main content

I Got "Notered"

 Cat, Tat and Note

I went into my bedroom to find Tiger with a note gently attached to him.  My 9 year-old daughter used a small section of my first tatting I ever did, and gently but Tiger on my bed to deliver the "noter."


She wrote "Enjoy your made bed, and cat, as a wonderful bonus.  Oh what a joy he is (he likes it when you scratch his tummy).  If you come to the kitchen for a spa treatment you can choose manicure, pedicure or both.  It will only cost you one all nighter.  Then you can enjoy yourself to any treatment. Oh and there's also a hair-do."


Well, she never did stay up late.  She fell asleep before I did.  It's just having the idea that she can stay up that makes her happy.  I never did cash in on that spa treatment either.  Maybe she'll be in "business" today. 

Comments

Candy C. said…
What a good cat Tiger is! Bob would have thrown a fit! LOL!!
Don't you just love the heart of a child?

Full of ideas, hope and dreams. So special when they want to do things for others!

Enjoy~
Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart