Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Processing the Process . . .

 

Who ever said this process of preparing for the floor project would be easy, was wrong.  Sigh.

I've been emptying out a set of floor cupboards for removal.  I'm finding this is a good time to purge what I have not been using, like the giant heart cookie pan.  I can't even recall using it.  Thankfully I found a home for it.

We also went shopping for flooring.  We got tips, ideas, color options, checked out options for a cupboard and sink for the bathroom that we need to gut as well, and returned home.

My husband made phone calls, and discussed flooring options.  1. sheet linoleum (downside, if you accidently drop something and tear it or put a hole in it, you replace the entire floor), 2. Plank vinyl (we can't decide until the floor is back and we can check to make sure the entire floor is even enough to use this), 3. Slap an area rug on it and worry about it later after the bathroom and living room is done.  We ruled out that peel and stick stuff.  It's so thin and I got bad reviews people were having issued with it popping up.  Everything depends on price as well.  Hence, the need to do more trips to other locations for prices and options.

I have finally figured out how to move my computer, so I can read your lovely blogs and stay connected.  We only have 3 places, including where the computer is now, for a cable hook-up.  To do this, I will need to move all my boxes of dishes (which started the need for this floor project, that need to go back in my hutch when the kitchen job is finished).  

Oh, and we talked to family, and the guy we hired to install kitchen flooring did one of their kitchens and messed it up.  Now the family has to rip it out, so we are not sure we'll use him.

....and then of course I need to feed the family and friends coming to help this weekend.  On the meal plan is a big 'ol pot of chili, cornbread, shredded chicken sandwiches, chips, and possible some side cold salads.  Oh, and a cold pineapple pie.  I only need to feed 2 on Saturday, and possible 3 on Sunday (maybe one more).  I think I have all of that covered, as long as they don't have to move my stove. If that is determined Friday, I will bake the cornbread and they can reheat in the air fryer or microwave as a back up.

We are dealing with horrible winds, and the sound kept me up most of the night.  It sounded terrible out there.  We got up to 72°F yesterday, but today it's a high of 62°F and a wind advisory.

No comments: